Call for Application – Youth Peace Camp 2017
What is Youth Peace Camp?
Youth Peace Camp is initiated by ‘We’ for Change, under its thematic issue – Youth civic engagement for peacebuilding, in joint collaboration with Department of Conflict, Peace and Development Studies, Tribhuvan University, Nepal. This program aims to bring together youth activist across the nation especially from the violence prone areas of Nepal and educate them about peacebuilding, conflict resolution, good governance and civic engagement aspects including supporting them in initiating dialogue and cooperation among conflicting groups. During YPC, youth activist will follow experiential learning process and acquired competences in the fields of intercultural learning, dialogue, conflict transformation, human rights, good governance, rule of law within conflict, peace and development studies.
After the completion of 5 days long intensive Youth Peace Camp, participating youth activist will organize at least three peace activities or conflict transformation activities or violence prevention activities based on human rights knowledge provided to them through the financial support of ‘We’ for Change. 1st Youth Peace Camp 2017 will be held from 6-10 Feburary, 2017 at Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal.
Who can apply?
- Be aged between 18 – 24 years old.
- Be an active member of youth club or student club or informal group.
- Willing to be involved in youth or community projects in their community and be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peace-building following the residential training.
- Willing to work in team to organize few youth led peace activity in collaboration with affiliated organization.
- Be comfortable to communicate in both Nepali and English.
- Be available and fully committed to take part in Youth Peace Camp 2017.
- Be curious, open minded and appreciate diversity of other participants.
Participants will be selected on the basis of application which an applicants should apply via online in this link. goo.gl/Fmr90n
Application opens 28 December and closes at 13 January 2017. Selected participants will receive full scholarship to attend this training program.
Call for Application – Youth Changemakers Council (YCC)
’We’ for Change, established in 2012 is a non-profit youth led (between age group of 16-24 years) NGO, committed to work for capacity building and leadership development of young people and improve the quality of life of adolescents of Nepal.
About Youth Changemakers Council
Youth Changemakers Council (YCC) is a group created with youths aged between 16-24 years from different educational background. YCC is a hub for enthusiastic young people to strive to find a better solution to the current challenges of the country. It is also a platform for expression of opinions and exploration of leadership quality to grow as a changemaker.
Time Period: January – December 2016
Number of positions: 8
Location: ‘We’ for CHANGE office, Buddhanagar
- Applicants must be of age between 16-24 years.
- Applicants must be currently pursuing undergraduate degree in Social Sciences or any of the relevant streams.
- Applicants must possess skills to work in teams.
- Strong passion to work for the betterment of society and aims to build career in the development sector.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, facilitation, presentation and coordination skills with fluency in both Nepali and English.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan, manage and coordinate organization’s activities.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and staffs of the organization
- Be able to attend at least one meeting and update one report once in a month.
- Be able to contribute minimum 20 hours to the YCC activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the board members.
Closing date: January 20th, 2016
Interested applicants are requested to submit your cover letter and detailed CV at email@example.com with following file name format: [YCC] _ [yourname] _CV.pdf (or doc) and [YCC] _ [yourname] _Coverletter.pdf (or doc), Example: YCC_Narayan_CV.pdf (or doc), YCC_Narayan_Coverletter.pdf (or doc)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Stipends will be provided for the selected eight applicants which shall cover the cost of communication. Transportation charges and food charges (if and when during the field work) shall be covered by the organization.